Updated: April 4, 2017
- Minneapolis Regional Schedule 2017 (PDF)
Overall schedule of events.
- Minneapolis 2017 booklet
Our schedule. Students and mentors have access to this document, which is still in draft format.
- Grade Check Form – Mariucci (PDF)
All GRS students must submit this form in order to participate at North Star. Avalon students are on spring break.
Students meet in front of the arena, 1901 4th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
April 5-8, 2016 (during spring break for Avalon, but not Great River)
Wednesday, April 5
- 3:30 pm: Small team meets at GRS to load the trailer, drive over to Mariucci, and set up the pit. Done around 8:00 pm.
Thursday, April 6
Pit Crew/drive team: Meet at 8:15 in the lobby to be ready to enter at 8:30 am. Bring your own lunch (carefully hidden to get past security) or money for concessions.
Stands crew: Meet at noon (eat before you come) in the stands.
- 8:15 am: Pit crew, Drive crew meet in lobby.
- 8:30 am: Doors and pit open.
- 11 am: Lunch (bring your own or money for concessions)
- Noon: Remaining stands crew arrives (well fed!)
- Noon: Practice rounds begin. Practice scouting, networking, media, etc.
- 6:30: Stands crew go home or get picked up
- 8 pm: Pit closes. Pit and drive team go home. No dinner provided.
Friday, April 7
- 7:45 am: Entire team arrives, gets in line for doors opening, to get a good spot in the stands, and to get to the pit fast.
- 8 am: Doors open
- 8:30 am: Opening ceremony
- 9 am- 12 pm: Qualifying matches
- 12 pm: Lunch in lobby
- 12:45 pm-5:45 pm: Qualifying matches
- 5:45-6:15: Closing ceremony
- 6:15: Pits close. Team heads to GRS East Campus for lasagna dinner and picklist meeting
Saturday, April 8
- 8:45 am: Entire team meets in lobby, gets in line
- 9 am: Doors open
- 9:30 am: Opening ceremony
- 10 am-12:15 pm: Qualifying matches
- 12:15 pm-12:30 pm: Alliance selection
- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm-4:30 pm: Final rounds
- 4:30 pm-6:00 pm: Closing ceremony
- 6-8 pm: Light pizza dinner, followed by tear down of field. All team members and mentors encouraged to participate.
The team will be eating lunch together each day in the lobby of the arena, or just outside if it’s nice out. Please note that there is a strict policy for no outside food within the arena – bags will be searched. You can bring in food – it just must be concealed in the bottom of your bag. There will be some snacks (bars) available each day, and concession food is available for purchase. All team members will be expected to bring a water bottle into the arena.
Team members should wear their purple shirts every day. Additional shirts will be available for sale for $15 during the event.
Friday morning, 8:30-1 pm: Safety Glasses
We need to provide 6 people to staff three safety glasses tables.
Saturday evening field tear down: 6:30-8 pm
The whole team should plan to stay for tear down on Saturday after the event is over. Many hands make light work!